PDA

View Full Version : Concept art contest

moyack
12-18-2010, 01:20 AM
I know that I'm not the example of a good user of this site, but now that you're promoting the arena in this place I'd like to propose a concept art contest. Te idea is simple: A moderator propose a theme and contestants use their drawing skills to develop taht concept based on that theme. Best idea and drawing wins.

Comments are welcome.

Deolrin
12-18-2010, 08:40 AM
Hmm. Let me to understand. What you're suggesting is that a staff member, for example CloudMax or me, sets up a theme and contestants are to draw a creation according to that theme?
I believe this was the general contest idea to begin with! :P I think what we're looking for in this sub-forum, however, is to bring the users to participate in brainstorming over contest themes. For example, since I am no concept artist, I am certain you will be able to come up with a much better theme for a concept art contest than myself.

Death
12-18-2010, 06:54 PM
I'm not exactly sure UD has much of a concept art presence. I guess it would depend on how many people would be willing to join.

TheSnottyMidget
12-19-2010, 08:29 AM
I'd be willing to do a concept art contest, im more of a 3d modeller but i like doing concepts too :)

moyack
12-19-2010, 01:19 PM
Hmm. Let me to understand. What you're suggesting is that a staff member, for example CloudMax or me, sets up a theme and contestants are to draw a creation according to that theme?yes, it's a possibility, mainly because you're part of the staff.

I believe this was the general contest idea to begin with! :P I think what we're looking for in this sub-forum, however, is to bring the users to participate in brainstorming over contest themes. For example, since I am no concept artist, I am certain you will be able to come up with a much better theme for a concept art contest than myself.I could do that, but I want to participate so I believe that it would bring a possible unfair situation, if you understand what I mean :P

I'm not exactly sure UD has much of a concept art presence. I guess it would depend on how many people would be willing to join.Hmmm, probably, the idea of this topic is not only suggesting but checking the potential market for this contest.

I'd be willing to do a concept art contest, im more of a 3d modeller but i like doing concepts too :)Great!!! we have one possible contestant :)

Deolrin
12-19-2010, 01:50 PM
Hmm, well I believe that for the first contests the theme should be basic or generic, and I believe myself and the team will be able to set something up soon. I do believe it would be a lot better if the community were to give ideas instead, however! So please, feel free to suggest anything. The advantage wont be big anytime you wont start working on your entry before the contest starts.

idodik
12-19-2010, 02:28 PM
The first contest should be very strongly related to Starcraft, so I suggest we choose one of the three races and base the competitors' concepts on that race.