PDA

View Full Version : Terraining Contest - Theme Ideas

Deolrin
12-23-2010, 03:47 PM
Greetings everyone!
This thread is used in order to come up with ideas for the theme of our terraining contests. A short time before a terraining contest starts, this thread will open up for everyone to post their ideas and suggestions.

idodik
12-24-2010, 08:54 AM
Right now the majority of resources apply to Terran worlds, so I suggest a contest based on a Terran theme that will help new users get the hang of the new editor.

Anarchianbedlam
12-25-2010, 07:11 PM
For terrain, I suggest Terran post-apocalyptia Like the Dominion capitol destroyed by insurgents (not overrun with zerg) or something along those lines. Could be interesting.

Revilo
12-25-2010, 07:34 PM
A space dock/station
An abandoned city

Midnighters
01-03-2011, 08:12 PM
Well, I have not done much [of anything] with GE, but I think it would be cool to see what you could make within the terran area.

Deolrin
01-03-2011, 08:16 PM
I agree, but this thread is to submit ideas for the contest. :P

Vryne
01-03-2011, 10:16 PM
I'm in. Don't care what the theme is. I want to make some terrain. >:]

If I were to have an opinion though, I'd say definitely something Terran related (as said above). I like post-apocalyptic but I imagine most of the resulting creations would be very similar. You could take an idea like that and make it a bit more generic like "Depression" or something along the lines of that.

Anyways, I'm thrilled about this. I've only seen a few people create their own non-playable terrains and they were incredibly good. I want to see what the users at UDMod will come up with. :)

Whisper
03-19-2011, 07:53 PM
I support terrain city etc. idea :D

CloudMax
03-19-2011, 08:05 PM
We just recently had a terran contest. And in that contest you could create any city you wanted that was "terran" or "human". :P

Deolrin
08-07-2011, 05:31 AM
I'm locking this thread until further notice.
A week or so before we start a terraining contest, I'll re-open it so that people could submit their ideas.