PDA

View Full Version : More units/heros?

Byzatine
05-22-2011, 01:12 PM
I'd first like to say thanks for making such a cool map, this is by far my most fav map.

However I want this map to stay popular for a long time and I believe that it should be livened up a bit using whichever ideas suits it best and for the long term I know that some new units or upgrades maybe even a hero type that would be what keeps Risk at the #1 spot.

It's just an idea:

Units: Engineer- Cost 15 would be able to fix only ground units and has armor piercing vs mech but is very defenseless and killed easily. Throws wrenches. Can build sandbags for 1 gold and can sorta block off an entrance.

Beastiary op add on for rax- Make predator have to be upgraded to get it, add wolf for 5 gold is good at killing marines not much armor but has small splash? Other animals.. maybe flyers?

Can change the rax to a swordsrax for 2 gold, can make ninjas for 1 gold or centurions with a tiny bit more armor speed decrease slight reach with long spear can splash pierce if positioned correctly cost 1 gold. Archer 1 gold small range.

Can change starport to Stable for 3 gold can make scout cavalry for 4 gold cannot kill a marine one on one. Can make squire knight for 5 gold can kill a marine one on one barely. Knight - 7 Gold decent all around has pierce splash if positioned right, still organic knight so its not that strong either.

Upgrade for marine- Armored marine cost 100 gold makes all your marines armor go up 2.. changes outfit.

Upgrade for maruader- Armored maurader cost 125 gold makes all your mauraders armor go up 2.. changes outfit.

Hero: Cost 150 gold no spells or anything like that just has 3 auras heal works with mech and organic/movement speed/attack speed aura choice is permanent

Again, these are all just ideas to keep risk popular.. I noticed the predator and thor were added late so I know there is some room for unit expansion.

Please consider some of the ideas but you don't have to use any or all, just thoughts that may be used to expand upon other ideas.

Thanks

CloudWolf
05-22-2011, 01:20 PM
Guess it all depends on whether or not they want to turn this Risk map into an independent strategy game or not :P

Some of those ideas would be really quite good, however, I'm not sure they belong in a Risk map :P

Nice ideas though :)

Byzatine
05-22-2011, 01:25 PM
Well the culprit for the risk map is obviously the double teamers or pregamers.. it would be nice to have a better variety of units so that if your really really good and their really bad you could take both on. That's all im trying to say.

nikn
05-22-2011, 01:31 PM
Sorry but i disagree with your ideas. First of all, they dont make their own units, they simply change the stats of already made units. Throwing wrenches and swordsman, sounds ridiculous, this is a Scifi. Upgrades and stuff.
The reason this game is still good for so long is they keep it simple, but interesting. Look at SC2, it only has 3 races to choose, simple, but interesting. Upgrades and weird units wont make it better. To be honest they might already have overdone the amount of units. Anyways i think they will say no.
Sorry :( but good try :)

Byzatine
05-22-2011, 03:32 PM
They're just ideas not to be taken as the source of the new idea just something to ponder and you might be right about the engineer throwing wrenches just have him shoot a mortar then? anyway I just want risk to be popular for a longer time at this rate it wont be for very much longer

nikn
05-22-2011, 03:56 PM
I know that, but still, making new units isnt easy. All units in Risk already exist in Starcraft. And i was thinking that new maps would be better than new units. Also it needs to be nooby friendly...
:)
Sadly, it is losing popularity, less people play it, and no new people are playing. Too much queue even i cant be bothered to wait most the time.

Byzatine
05-22-2011, 03:59 PM
I agree there is room for change, I have suggested a map change or a unit change but I am also in favor for a map change, I personally think Russia is the key to the change that risk needs. Be it split it in half for West Russia and then Siberia and have them both worth 8 or something that or have another rack or two added in the top right corner or Russia to include Siberia or possibly make Kaz worth 3.. something along those lines to make the Russian front A LITTLE more viable.

CrazyRusski
05-22-2011, 04:46 PM
Byzatine, I believe Risk should stay simple as their is Amazingness in Simplicity. Risk is a Simple yet Strategic Game. I'd rather not make it too complex as making things too complex makes it harder to gain new people as well.

And Russia is meant to be that big. It's meant for people whom have died to have a second chance due to the fact it's so barren. I have reasons to my madness :)