PDA

View Full Version : Contest #2 - Poll

Deolrin
05-31-2011, 03:55 AM
http://i55.tinypic.com/30htyz7.jpg
The time has come for our second contest, so prepare to put your wits to test in a competition with UDMod's other skilled users!
However, before the contest can start, we need to decide on what kind of contest we'll be having. And that's where you come in!
Vote in the poll for your favorite contest and don't forget to comment about your choice! :)

The poll will remain open for two weeks, so don't forget to vote.

Vindicator
05-31-2011, 08:09 AM
An icon set contest would be cool - but I think I'd actually rather get some ideas for custom abilities and stuff by seeing what others come up with for spells! Go go spell contest!!

idodik
05-31-2011, 08:18 AM
Lol, the first spell contest will actually be one of the only ones in which I'll stand a chance.... XD

Skycraft
05-31-2011, 08:41 AM
Spell got my vote.

CloudMax
05-31-2011, 08:46 AM
Spells would be cool.
I just hope they setup a good rating system for the judging then though..
I do not want the judges to rate like, "ohh, I'm so gonna use it in my map, it fits perfectly." and then they gives it high rating, when there actually is another spell that is even better but is NOT useful in their own maps :p
I'll go with spell contests, even though I probably wont find any of them useful for my projects. Maybe in FoG though :)

Oh, and we should setup rules before doing this.
Will it be done in the data editor or trigger editor?
Data editor is better for creating spells, but most people do not even know how to make simple spells in it.
The data editors purpose is to make things like spells and such, not the trigger editor.
and the fact that this would be a great chance for us to get more familiar with the data editor, and teach each other by providing them with our spells done for the contest.

idodik
06-01-2011, 08:18 AM
Oh, and we should setup rules before doing this.
Will it be done in the data editor or trigger editor?
Data editor is better for creating spells, but most people do not even know how to make simple spells in it.
The data editors purpose is to make things like spells and such, not the trigger editor.
and the fact that this would be a great chance for us to get more familiar with the data editor, and teach each other by providing them with our spells done for the contest.

I support thee, but we don't have anything to learn from right now! (except the Wiki)
Perhaps a member of us UDmodders could make a tutorial or general instructions of how to use the data editor.

Jack[RCDF
06-03-2011, 10:35 PM
There IS quite a lot of info on the wiki an youtube to get you started with data editing; I don't think yet another basic tutorial is necessary.

Icon set got my vote, as I have no sc2 access right now and art is more interesting to me too.

Deolrin
06-07-2011, 02:55 PM
I find the lack of comments in this thread... Disturbing.

CloudMax
06-07-2011, 03:58 PM
I find the lack of active members on the forum disturbing, but there isn't anything I can do about it (Except for making an awesome map.. But that is another story)
Maybe it is the fact that we do not have many active members around the site, and that some people isn't experienced enough to participate in a contest. :/
ANNNNDD that the schools is ending soon (or have just ended) for most people.
School ends on friday for me, so I have shitload of stuff to do. I'll probably have to sit another 15 hours of my freetime to get done with everything.

Olyvian
06-07-2011, 11:55 PM
Wasen't there a problem with the registration on new members on this site?

I believe you can induce more members to atticipate in this contest by giving or creating sources where you can follow an tutorial to create a spell, given the contest will be a spell making contest.

Scrapper
06-08-2011, 04:29 AM
I believe you can induce more members to atticipate in this contest by giving or creating sources where you can follow an tutorial to create a spell, given the contest will be a spell making contest.

I agree. ^^

CloudMax
06-08-2011, 03:45 PM
Well, I do not REALLY think we would get that much more activity by making tutorials becouse the Wiki have a few tutorials, and everyone knows about sc2mapster, I once used a tutorial over there during the beta.
Also people do not request sources and such so it is impossible for us to know what people want.
Like if they want a "data editor tutorial" or a "trigger editor tutorial" it would be SO much easier for us if they told us what exactly it is they want to know.
So that we can go into detail of what exactly they want to do, becouse there is simply to much you can do to make a tutorial about it globally.

It would help if people actually used the help section of udmod so that we could help them, and eventually make it into a tutorial. But people just seem to give up or just avoid things if they can't figure it out and there isn't a tutorial out already that can help them.

Deolrin
06-20-2011, 06:42 PM
Alright, poll's closed since a while ago.
I'll be setting up our first spell making contest soon. :)

EDIT: Sorry it's taking so long.
It's the last week of school, I'm finishing up all my exams etc, so I've been rather busy.
Nonetheless, I'm setting up the contest right now. It should be up later today or tomorrow.