PDA

View Full Version : PLZ FIX this already!!!! would make all of the dedicated risk fans <3 u

Digitalkilla
07-30-2011, 09:35 PM
DEFAULT SETTINGS!!! they should be changed to turn time 45.. bounty 1/3, and cards on... THOSE are the settings most people prefer... and they have to wait about 3-5 games to get them, because a lot of the time hosts are new players/afk, and the game gets shitty settings.. so they have to leave..

so yeah.. new default settingz pl0x.

MicroHive
07-31-2011, 12:26 AM
DEFAULT SETTINGS!!! they should be changed to turn time 45.. bounty 1/3, and cards on... THOSE are the settings most people prefer... and they have to wait about 3-5 games to get them, because a lot of the time hosts are new players/afk, and the game gets shitty settings.. so they have to leave..

so yeah.. new default settingz pl0x.

I'm trying to solve this issue for the next upcoming map patch, 3.00, Basically what I've been working on is to allow players to vote on these settings individually.

http://www.udmod.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1133&d=1312068356

We've also been reworking the previous menu to only feature 3 scenarios: 1. Quick Match, 2. Custom Settings, 3. Duel Mode (Needs a better name). A quick match will simply start a map with the most popular settings already in place. However, if players would like some differences, they will be able to choose the Custom Settings scenario, which will lead to the menu as shown in the screenshot above.

This should hopefully solve some of your concerns.

Khamo
07-31-2011, 04:13 AM
I know this might seem a bit out there, but would it be possible to release just a version of the map that has no voting and is always: normal, 45, 1/3, cards? If people want anything other then that, let them join the custom version of the game where they can vote. In my experience, at least 80% of the time people want normal, 45, 1/3 cards.

idodik
07-31-2011, 06:32 AM
What's the Duel Mode, then?

MicroHive
07-31-2011, 11:22 AM
I know this might seem a bit out there, but would it be possible to release just a version of the map that has no voting and is always: normal, 45, 1/3, cards? If people want anything other then that, let them join the custom version of the game where they can vote. In my experience, at least 80% of the time people want normal, 45, 1/3 cards.

There is currently an issue with Battle.net that won't allow it. However, we're compensating by adding a votable scenario called Quick Match scenario. It will bypass any voting scheme and jump straight into the game. We can make the default settings to those that are most played, e.g. 45, 1/3 cards.

What's the Duel Mode, then?

It's supposed to be a clan/guild wars scenario. For example, if you create teams in the lobby, and specify that you would like a duel, then it will pin those groups against each other.

idodik
07-31-2011, 08:06 PM
Then call it Guild Mode or Pre-Teamed Mode if you don't like the name Duel Mode. :P

MicroHive
07-31-2011, 09:08 PM
Then call it Guild Mode or Pre-Teamed Mode if you don't like the name Duel Mode. :P

It's named something appropriate, I simply forgot what it was and called it duel.

CrazyRusski
07-31-2011, 11:57 PM
It's Called Arena Mode xD

CloudWolf
08-01-2011, 09:40 PM
I'd personally stay away from uploading multiple versions of the same map.

Multiple versions would reduce the popularity rating of the map as your audience would essentially be split in half :P