PDA

View Full Version : Basic suggestions of features and abilities

Neo777
01-12-2012, 12:10 AM
My spontaneous ideas would be:

For neutrals:

- good idea, maybe try to differ bounty of those like from 1-5 (?)
=> more kinds of neutrals, some which can attack you, some more some less strong

- their spawn-rate and location is way too obvious imo
=> create variables of the spawning times /locations

The Map:
- maybe make it bigger, not much but slightly and maybe try some varations , like not the simple pattern , but maybe all start locations in a circle around a island in the middle with strong creeps in it

- trees, grass and that plateaus, c'mon thats all u got? xD be creative

Bounty system:
- imo completely imbalanced, explanation in other thread ...

Units:

- maybe (!) try to get a choosable hero into it , which has intelligence agility and strength, who has abilities and mana and HP
- create a shop for the hero
- create a shop where you can buy merchandaries like tanks , helions or supporter like medivacs etc.

XDisturbedX
01-12-2012, 02:13 AM
For neutrals: thats a good adea...ill add that on the next version..

The Map: i added 2 more arenas.... each arena has a different mode(s) to play... added screenshot bellow
i know its just trees and cliffs... i wanna keep it simple for now till i find the style that fits the game... and i want to work on the gameplay first..

Units: adding heroes would be nice.. ill add that on my to-do list...
but tanks, hellions, etc...its too futuristic and every map in SC2 has that thing where u spawn/spam so many types.. i want to keep it simple and focused on the footman... and ofc a hero..

thanks for the help... expect a small gift on the next version "OrdoabchaO"...

RTStrauma
01-13-2012, 11:48 AM
Working on the Hero thing, it should be powerful enough to kill 5 troops, and upgrade with the footmen. I believe if you give it separate upgrades it will be completely useless or imba... as far as bounty goes, allow you to get 0.5 of your own bounty, so if your 10 and your killing a 1 you can get 5 or if your 10 killing a 10 your get 15 :) Although atm I am working out some pretty sweet tactics for those 10 bounty games it does seem to give the noobs a huge advantage over good players. neutrals are good, but you should receive an extra 1/1 every 10 minutes to keep them useful :) although... apart from heros I dont think there should be any other units added. But perhaps think about adding bank files to keep track of wins/score and such... maybe even levels for hero?

mspykez
01-13-2012, 01:47 PM
I totally agree with the OP only trees and grass, c'mon? even the grass texture is kinda ugly same goes for the trees and creeps I would very much prefer a space theme but yeh it's footmen... and the footmen upgrade looks are awesome.

Also a few suggestions of mine:

-Let base location be chosen randomly (players should explore for themselves where is who) and disable the initial abilities vote system, every one wants it all enable so no point on losing time with it, the way I see it, only if you implement groundbreaking stuff like enabling teams or a hero system, thats when you should have a vote for it.

-Add to scoreboard # of creep kills, current and total earned minerals and gas plus the player history of the game with how many games played, etc (LIKE squadtd);

-Remove the middle base spot (it's kinda of a unfair location) and make it like a super creep location that when killed gives extra minerals, gas or some kind of temporary buff to your units, or just allow us to control the super creep until he dies off;

-Force fields should cost energy instead of it's limited availability, it's funny to play with the fields;

-Super Murloc Marine should have like a 10M cooldownn instead of charges, also make it on cooldown from the beginning of the game to avoid the newbies to summon it first thing...

-Guardian shield is to imba and it should be removed, players should just have a passive aura bonus when near base;

-Repair building ability should be removed, it's truly frustrating when you are close to destroy a generator and bang it's back to full in an instant, just let the buildings slowly regenerate;

-Base and generators are too week IMO they can be destroyed in very few seconds, even if you are doing good, your enemies can simply zerg the base and GG. The base upgrades should make it way stronger, especially on damage concern, atm it's kinda of useless late game;

-Allow us to upgrade the generators too and make them fire back to enemies like the base does and to make them worthy of destroying make players earn extra minerals/gas according to the # of generators they currently have. Also consider adding territory control, like make spots all over the map where players can build a generator, this will add much more fun gameplay;

- 2 new abilities that I suggest implementing:
Entrapment - enemies are trapped on your base for X seconds and are unable to teleport or leave it (hate when they simple TP back when I arrive to kill them or when I summon a Murloc).
Reveal - reveals a target area for X seconds.

Neo777
01-13-2012, 03:14 PM
-Let base location ...

Kinda useless, location is fixed to the map itself, since there will be a variety available for that, its redundant

-Add to scoreboard # of creep kills, ...

Good idea, i agree

-Remove the middle base spot ...

You overrate the meaning of the middle position, it does have advantages and disadvantages, balances out
-Force fields should cost energy instead of it's limited availability, it's funny to play with the fields;

I dont care, let it be 4 timesin total or 1 + X * (every 20 minutes)

-Super Murloc Marine ...

is good as it is right now, maybe make it even stronger because im able to kill him often in lategame

-Guardian shield is to imba ...

yeah i already pointed that out , read my post

-Repair building ability should be removed ...

not completely removed, but changed, read my post on that, its the 1. post in this thread

-Base and generators are too week IMO ...

then u didn't play against a hardcore-turtler, bases and its upgrades are way too strong in lategame, read my thread "Base [imba?!]" on that topic

-Allow us to upgrade the generators too and make them fire back to enemies like the base does and to make them worthy of destroying make players earn extra minerals/gas according to the # of generators they currently have. Also consider adding territory control, like make spots all over the map where players can build a generator, this will add much more fun gameplay;

i like the idea of that territory, capture-the-flag style, maybe where u generate like 1/1 per second if u hold the flag, but i dont think upgrading generators is a good idea

Entrapment - enemies are trapped on your base for X seconds and are unable to teleport or leave it (hate when they simple TP back when I arrive to kill them or when I summon a Murloc).

good idea

I think u made same interesting but also lots of redundant points. Overthink the concept of footmen, it should be kept quite simple, thats where the fun comes from.

NoonEe
01-13-2012, 07:54 PM
heyyo I tried it with a friend today and I really like it!

Suggestions:

An ally system would be cool
The Footmen need a smaller clickbox (or whatever its called) cause when you want to micro some away you sometimes click half of them, thats a bit annoying

Creep
Create a different type of creep that has like 1k hp and deals good damage, should deal good damage and have a respawn timing.

Bases
I think you should be able to build up your base (with walls, turrets, aura buffs etc.)
It also would be nice if you could take over the base of the guy you defeated. It should be like your initial base, and give like 8 supply

Footmen
I think the supply upgrade is too weak. It should give 2 supply at least, so you can decide between quantity and quality ;)

XDisturbedX
01-14-2012, 03:01 PM
adding heroes is on my to-do-list.. it has been suggested by others too... but its going to take a lot of time... coz i have no experience in making heroes on SC2...

im also planning to add races... Human(current), Orc, Elf
each would have their own unique abilities... problem is i still dont have the models...

XDisturbedX
01-14-2012, 03:26 PM
Terrain: i want to fix everything first before designing the terrain... (yes thats my excuse xD) lol

base location: theres 1 balance arena now so thats not a problem anymore =D

scoreboard: i want to make the map look simple so i added everything on the player's tooltip....

Force fields: charge cooldown 20 mins

Guardian: it has a cooldown so its alright... i never had a problem with that ability.. attacker or defender...
if ur the attacker.. just run and wait for it to finish or make them chase you outside their base..
and for the defender, use force fields... you can also combine it with murloc.. if its a big wave...

Super Murloc Marine: didnt change anything on beta 4.. upgrades are cheaper now so he can be easily killed...

Repair building ability: changed Max HP repair to 7000 HP repair

"Passive aura bonus when near base" is more imba and will only keep players from attacking other bases... permanent disadvantage or temporary imba disadvantage. its like the turret complains.. some hate it and some love it...

Base and generators: ill increase the hp to +1k or add some armor... and share the base hp upgrade with the generators

Entrapment ability: i made a buff to auto disable Single/Mass Recall to enemy bases

Reveal: i think thats where the fun part is... running around the map searching for week players or get murdered by feeded ones... lol

Semtext
01-15-2012, 10:27 AM
What I think should be changed is that you essentially do not get any bonus for killing off bases or generators, you sort of get punished for it by having your whole army go to waste. and (havent really checked, but i think) when so many footmen die, your bounty also goes down. i had this game where i singlehandedly took out 4 players, but lost anyway because i didnt get any money for it.

Neo777
01-15-2012, 12:54 PM
What I think should be changed is that you essentially do not get any bonus for killing off bases or generators, you sort of get punished for it by having your whole army go to waste. and (havent really checked, but i think) when so many footmen die, your bounty also goes down. i had this game where i singlehandedly took out 4 players, but lost anyway because i didnt get any money for it.

XDisturbedX solved that problem already , you get like 60 or 80minz for a generator-kill and 200 minz for a base-kill.

NoonEe
01-15-2012, 04:40 PM
Maybe combine hp and hpregen? Idk, but if you got lifesteal and atkspeed you can heal urself at ur own base. Or make the liferegen with 0 delay so it regens in combat?

RTStrauma
01-15-2012, 04:55 PM
One thing I would like to see changed is when you summon a super murloc you auto select it... So when I'm defending and I think I want to kill everyone I pop out a super murloc then try to heal my base, which is useless because t doesn't heal my base when I'm auto selecting the murloc and I have had my only loss so far due to this -.-

coolbeer
01-15-2012, 06:53 PM
I totally agree with the OP only trees and grass, c'mon? even the grass texture is kinda ugly same goes for the trees and creeps I would very much prefer a space theme but yeh it's footmen... and the footmen upgrade looks are awesome.
Also a few suggestions of mine:
-Let base location be chosen randomly (players should explore for themselves where is who) and disable the initial abilities vote system, every one wants it all enable so no point on losing time with it, the way I see it, only if you implement groundbreaking stuff like enabling teams or a hero system, thats when you should have a vote for it.

-Add to scoreboard # of creep kills, current and total earned minerals and gas plus the player history of the game with how many games played, etc (LIKE squadtd);

-Remove the middle base spot (it's kinda of a unfair location) and make it like a super creep location that when killed gives extra minerals, gas or some kind of temporary buff to your units, or just allow us to control the super creep until he dies off;

-Super Murloc Marine should have like a 10M cooldownn instead of charges, also make it on cooldown from the beginning of the game to avoid the newbies to summon it first thing...

-Guardian shield is to imba and it should be removed, players should just have a passive aura bonus when near base;

-Repair building ability should be removed, it's truly frustrating when you are close to destroy a generator and bang it's back to full in an instant, just let the buildings slowly regenerate;

-Base and generators are too week IMO they can be destroyed in very few seconds, even if you are doing good, your enemies can simply zerg the base and GG. The base upgrades should make it way stronger, especially on damage concern, atm it's kinda of useless late game;

Im sorry to tell, but i think you are a totall noob. Shields are really powerfull initially, but if you choose properly upgrades, you can kill everyone's units inside his shields. I did it so many times... Try full attack speed, lvl 10damage, 517 heatlh point units, and full lifesteal. You will see. Shields works fine for their purposes. Noobs dont know how to use it. You have to do BEFORE they destroy or heavidamage your units. If you lost painfully your battle last wave, you wont perferm better next, so use shield before is too late. Same with forecefields and defending generators. You have to stay prepared for them "zerging" you as you say. That's what i do, i just put my unit in the corner really fast and kill generator in 5 seconds or less. They put force field too, shields or murloon too late, and healing does not help much.

Also healing does not help that much, cause only 3. Remember that. Many times, to kill someone initially you need to remove his mana for no shields, make him expend his murloons, heals and his forcefields. That's why they are there. Is not for you sitting in your base for the whole evening, is just for initial rushers defense, and with that purpose, they work perfectly. Against pros, they wont help much in the late game.

coolbeer
01-15-2012, 06:59 PM
More things:

That's what i meant. You attack them, they use shield &/or murloon, you go back. You are always explaining the position of a noob that is afraid of loosing. What you have to do is to defend yourself with better tactics. Attack as a defensive strategy. Make them waste their murloons, mana and forcefields, and then, be free to finish the job.

I only use forcefield, shields and murloons for initial anti-noob defense, and they work pretty cool. When they use it, i just flee for some seconds and come back later. In the late game, i kill murloons, enemy's footmen inside shield or whatever. They are worthless at some point, as they should, if not, gae wont end for your entire life. If they wanted them to perform better... Why not a nuke? there are games with that, and make pretty much sense. Here it doesnt

XDisturbedX
01-16-2012, 01:50 AM
One thing I would like to see changed is when you summon a super murloc you auto select it... So when I'm defending and I think I want to kill everyone I pop out a super murloc then try to heal my base, which is useless because t doesn't heal my base when I'm auto selecting the murloc and I have had my only loss so far due to this -.-

had that problem my self... will be done next version.. ill just add the murloc on group "3"