PDA

View Full Version : Mapping Contest Ideas

Scrapper
05-11-2010, 10:20 PM
Some of you have requested a mapping contest with the current Galaxy Editor. What are some of your ideas for the theme?

Kimphoe
05-11-2010, 10:47 PM
Mini-game? :D

Scrapper
05-11-2010, 10:49 PM
ya i had a similar idea. "Party Games" may it be;

Pin the tenticle on the Ultralisk, and a spin on musical chairs involving explosions.

CloudWolf
05-11-2010, 11:51 PM
Yes, I agree with the mini games theme ;) Its simple, and could inspire some pretty awesome maps ready for the release of multiplayer suppoert on bnet :D

Might need to hire some judges to decided who wins though ;) Either that, or a public vote! :D

Shantari
05-12-2010, 06:33 AM
When everyone has submitted their maps just have a public poll for who wins :D

Kimphoe
05-12-2010, 11:57 AM
Sounds great! :D

Oni|angeL
05-12-2010, 10:14 PM
Mini or arcade games are fun! Judging should be done by votes!

LordDz
05-12-2010, 10:48 PM
Judging should be done by judges, otherwise people will cheat :) or kiss ass.

Apexplosive
05-12-2010, 11:03 PM
Votes and a poll is usually the way to go

idodik
05-13-2010, 09:41 AM
We should call this contest "Beta Mapping Contest" and not give it a number, since we'll probably hold one of these contests in the beta. Besides, it's more unique.
As for an idea maybe we could go for something much more simple, for example melee or alternate melee maps.

CloudMax
05-13-2010, 09:45 AM
We should call this contest "Beta Mapping Contest" and not give it a number, since we'll probably hold one of these contests in the beta. Besides, it's more unique.
As for an idea maybe we could go for something much more simple, for example melee or alternate melee maps.

Also, the fact that alot of more stuff will probably be possible on the release of the actual game. So i agree with both the party game and the "Beta Mapping Contest" idea.
Just becouse i have been a fan of mario party since it first came to the nintendo 64. :D

What about this:
After the contest is over, we combine all the entrys into one party map containing the entrys. I think that would be awesome :D

idodik
05-13-2010, 09:48 AM
Also, the fact that alot of more stuff will probably be possible on the release of the actual game. So i agree with both the party game and the "Beta Mapping Contest" idea.
Just becouse i have been a fan of mario party since it first came to the nintendo 64. :D

What about this:
After the contest is over, we combine all the entrys into one party map containing the entrys. I think that would be awesome :D

On second thought with CM's offer party maps sound delicious :D

Kingz
05-14-2010, 10:07 AM
When everyone has submitted their maps just have a public poll for who wins

No polls please...

I think a minigame theme would be great, BUT we need some good judges which will actually judge the maps so we don't have to wait 3 months for a result.

idodik
12-23-2010, 01:48 PM
[necro]
WHOA THIS IS OLD
But who's in for reviving this as well?

CloudWolf
12-23-2010, 03:12 PM
[necro]
WHOA THIS IS OLD
But who's in for reviving this as well?

I think it's highly likely that the upcoming new-year competition will be along these lines ;) We're definitely open to ideas for the theme! :)