udmod menu start udmod menu start udmod menu start
Make a donation to UDMod
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: First Custom UI

Don't take it personally. CloudMax's Avatar
    CloudMax will become famous soon enough [79] CloudMax will become famous soon enough [79] CloudMax will become famous soon enough [79] CloudMax will become famous soon enough [79]

B.net ID
    CloudMax.842 [EU]

Default First Custom UI

Atleast i think this is the first Custom made UI on UDMod!
    So this is how it works:
    I set the game to fullscreen for -1 seconds through triggers, this makes the bottom part of the UI to dissaper, forever. And it will not come back till i tell it to do so.
    I use the hide UI command to hide the rest of the UI.
    After that i created my own UI using dialogs, etc.
    And i tell you, you can create pretty much everything by only using dialogs. I for example created my own minimap positioned in the top right using the picture of the map and read my heros position on the map and then from there calculate where on the minimap a red dot should appear The nice with this is that when you mouseover the red dot on the map, it will tell you the name of the player that owns the unit! ;-)
    I have also created a small bar above the minimap that contains the name of the area you are in, currently it just say "AREA NAME"
    In the bottom left i have created 2 buttons, which will be the onscreen menu that you use to open up different windows like your character information, such as stats.
    And the second button just opens a dialog i have created with an SCV, it was the first dialog i created so it was just a small test i did. But that will probably be the final layout that i use for conversations with NPCs.
    And for the top left, i didnt really do anything. I just used the boss bar command (which i will replace with my own custom UI later).

I have also created a movement system. It was based on HELL_YAs system. But i changed how it reads your key presses, and compressed it a bit. And i changed the camera view. (I do think that HELL_YA is now using this camera view aswell becouse he liked it).

This UI is a WIP and i am creating it for a MMORPG, a small project i am working with to get used to the editor before i start with legend of selendis.

If you wanna be up-to-date with my map, you could always join our Dropbox folder, where i always will keep the maps up-to-date. I update the map every few hours actually.
    If you do not know what Dropbox is, it is a website where you can upload files to a shared folder and let others download.
    They also have an awesome application that works in a very easy and fast to use way.
    You get a folder on your choosen location on your computer named Dropbox. In this folder you will see all dropbox folders that you have joined. So when i for example want to update my map, i just copy and paste it into the SC2Modding folders, wait a few sec, and everyone else will be able to download the latest version.
    You can get dropbox here: https://www.dropbox.com/

If you do not have dropbox, you could always download version 5 from here:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?nqoztrtekj4

But keep in mind that i wont update this download regualary.

Please do not take anything from my map without asking. Thanks!

BTW:
    Yes, it is HELL_YAs terrain. This is becouse like i said before, my movement system and camera system is based on his. And tbh, i did not change anything except for the camera view on his camera system becouse i think it is good enough.

Last edited by CloudMax; 04-27-2010 at 06:02 AM.

Apexplosive is on a distinguished road [23] Apexplosive is on a distinguished road [23]

Just wondering How you got the Boss bar to work. I cant seem to be able to update mine

mustachio is on a distinguished road [2]

wow it looks awesome! could you possibly make a rough toutorial to show how you could do some of those things?

i wish i had the editor, i would really like to start my project.

CloudMax will become famous soon enough [79] CloudMax will become famous soon enough [79] CloudMax will become famous soon enough [79] CloudMax will become famous soon enough [79]

B.net ID
    CloudMax.842 [EU]

Quote Originally Posted by mustachio View Post
    wow it looks awesome! could you possibly make a rough toutorial to show how you could do some of those things?

i wish i had the editor, i would really like to start my project.
    I can do a guide later explaining step by step how i do it. I will do my best with the tutorial ^^

Just wondering How you got the Boss bar to work. I cant seem to be able to update mine
    I didnt know how to do that first aswell. But then i noticed how simple it really is. It is an action that does this for you.
    This is the action:
    Code:
    UI - Set boss bar 1 boss to CloudMax (Do refresh the boss bar)
    1 is the boss bar. And CloudMax is the unit. This will make the boss bar display the unit CloudMaxs Health and keep it updated.
    The downside of boss bars is that it does not display mana.

Very nice and all that, but...
    THE LEAVE BUTTON IS GONE! D:<

Project: Rally the Troops
    Now available on Battle.net 2.0

B.net ID
    CloudMax.842 [EU]

Quote Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
    I know...
    Alt F4 ftw.
    I will make a F10 menu later..

Olyvian will become famous soon enough [89] Olyvian will become famous soon enough [89] Olyvian will become famous soon enough [89] Olyvian will become famous soon enough [89] Olyvian will become famous soon enough [89]

ALT+F4 :p

CM, you should make a radar instead of a map in the up-right corner.

Anyways, people can upload everything in the dropbox folder, and we don't want random people to upload trojans, viruses etc. So hopefully trusted invites only.

I used Ctrl + Alt + Del, but it would be nice to have an option to leave the game without closing Starcraft II.

Project: Rally the Troops
    Now available on Battle.net 2.0

B.net ID
    CloudMax.842 [EU]

Quote Originally Posted by flexaville View Post
    ALT+F4 :p

CM, you should make a radar instead of a map in the up-right corner.

Anyways, people can upload everything in the dropbox folder, and we don't want random people to upload trojans, viruses etc. So hopefully trusted invites only.
    Radar insted of map. <.<
    I want it to be a map. The only problem is that i want it to be more like in wow. It is zomed in and you see the area you are in.
    I think i know how to do this but i havent tried it yet. ;-)
    The problem with this is that i have to create the minimap myself then. But i can just print screen the entire map in the editor to get a large version

Apexplosive is on a distinguished road [23] Apexplosive is on a distinguished road [23]

I used Ctrl + Alt + Del, but it would be nice to have an option to leave the game without closing Starcraft II.

You can make it that when you press esc, the menu buttons unhide.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast